As we look expectantly to the arrival of 2021, APO Director, Brigid van Wanrooy takes a brief look back at 2020 and outlines the well-deserved Summer break APO will be taking.
The year that was
Well that was an eventful year! While no-one wishes for a pandemic, one of the things it highlighted (among many) was the need for quick and easy access to reliable information and research, and that grey literature is essential for the policy process. And as such, APO has a critical role in the policy response to COVID-19 as the preferred source of curated grey literature on public policy.
Despite the upheaval of 2020, the APO team continued to deliver. Our Public Policy Taxonomy was published on Research Vocabularies Australia, which means it is now available for use in other information management systems. Our website was upgraded to provide new features for discovery, and browsing the extensive repository. And we launched the My APO+ membership service – providing even more features to access information to meet your needs, and to measure engagement with your research.
So now the APO team will be taking a well-deserved break!
Office holiday closure
APO will be closed from Thursday 24 December 2020 and reopen on Monday 4 January 2021. Registered contributors can still submit resources to APO during this time.
Newsletter Summer break
There will be two special Summer Edition newsletters for our Policy Pulse and Policy Weekly subscribers on Wednesday, 20 January 2021 and Wednesday, 27 January 2021.
The following are the 2020-21 Summer break dates for our regular newsletters:
- Policy Pulse: the last newsletter will be sent on Monday, 21 December and service resumes on Monday, 1 February.
- Policy Weekly: the last newsletter will be sent on Wednesday, 23 December and service resumes on Wednesday, 3 February.
- New Zealand: the last newsletter will be sent on Tuesday, 15 December and service resumes for My APO+ members on Tuesday, 26 January (see below).
- My APO+ Government & Business and Indigenous Affairs: the last newsletter will be sent on Tuesday, 15 December and service resumes on Tuesday, 26 January.
- My APO+ Health, Education, and Social Justice: the last newsletter will be sent on Tuesday, 22 December and service resumes on Tuesday, 2 February.
Newsletter changes in 2021
In 2021, the New Zealand newsletter will be relaunched under the My APO+ subject based newsletter subscriptions and will no longer be offered for free. Anyone can still browse the New Zealand Governance and Policy Collection and subscribe to the Policy Weekly or Policy Pulse for free.
Not yet subscribed? Subscribe to our free newsletters or join My APO+ for just $132 for one year. If you’re an existing subscriber, you can update your preferences by clicking on ‘update subscription preferences’ in the footer of any newsletter.
You must be logged in to post a comment.